It's easy to reuse K-cups… a little less plastic and more money in your pocket!
Sunday, I made a Pumpkin Spice Latte for a friend of mine and it surprised me that he did not know that you could reuse single serve K-cups used for a Keurig Coffee machine.
All you have to do is a few simple steps...
1. Cut off the top foil with a sharp knife carefully so you do not cut into the paper filter.
2. Remove old coffee and save for your compost, if you have one.
3. Rinse remaining coffee and let the cup dry.
4. Once the cup is dry, fill with your favorite coffee leaving 1/8" space at the top.
5. Cover the top tightly with a small piece of ordinary foil.
6. Write on the foil with a Sharpie with the flavor of coffee or use the coffee K-cup immediately.
Paper is amazingly durable. The filters can be reused over and over until the paper filter gives out.