Blackberry Protein Smoothie | Carafe by The Green Hand Co.
In my quest to make healthy smoothies for my husband who is trying to reduce his blood pressure through diet and exercise, I came across a few recipes to try. This morning I tried the Blueberry Oatmeal Protein Smoothie from one of the seven recipes posted in Mother Nature Network. Because I did not want to go to the grocery store before breakfast I had to switch out a few ingredients in order to use what I had. I substituted blackberries for the blueberries; almond milk for the coconut milk and coconut oil for the almond butter.
My husband liked the smoothie, I thought it was a little too sweet. Next time I will use hemp protein instead of the vanilla powder.
- 1/2 cup oats soaked in 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup blueberries (I used blackberries)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (I used almond milk)
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (I used coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, ground
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder (I wish I would have used hemp protein)
For the other six recipes go to Mother Nature Network.
Please let me know if you tried any and if you liked any!